Can you believe Peter Bergman has been playing Jack Abbott on “The Young and the Restless” for over 25-years? In a recent interview Bergman said, “In some ways it seems like I got here only yesterday!”
Young and the Restless spoilers hint when new episodes of the CBS soap return, we will be seeing more of the iconic character Jack Abbott. It’s about time Jack and the Abbott Family was front and center again in Genoa City!
Soap Opera Spy has compiled a list of 10 fun facts about Peter Bergman for you to enjoy below!
Young and the Restless Updates: 10 Fun Peter Bergman Facts
- Bergman is 67 years old born on June 11 1953
- Bergman was born in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
- Bergman has two children Connor and Clare with wife Mariellen Bergman, they have been married for 30 years.
- Bergman attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York
- Bergman originally auditioned the role of Dr. Jeff Martin on All My Children. His most popular character was his portrayal of Dr. Cliff Warner on All My Children which he played from 1979 -1989 off and on.
- You may remember Bergman in a very popular 1986 Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup commercial Bergman told the viewing audience, “I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TV.”
- Bergman took over the role of Jack Abbott in 1989 originally played by the late Terry Lester.
- Bergman’s Daytime Emmy nominations and wins are impressive he has 10 Y&R nominations & 1 Emmy win . His AMC Noms and wins are just as impressive with 8 Daytime Emmy nominations and 3 wins under his belt.
- Bergman has been in 3 Televison movies 1982- Fantasies , 1989- Money, Power, Murder and 1991- Danielle Steel’s Palamino.
- Bergman has played Emmy worthy dual roles Jack Abbott/Marco Anicelli on the popular CBS soap Y&R
This article is the exclusive intellectual property of Soapoperaspy.com and any use by other media outlets must be explicitly credited and linked.