CBS The Bold and the Beautiful spoilers and updates reveal that fans will again get to see the once star-crossed lovers Rick Forrester (Jacob Young) and Maya Avant (Karla Mosley) wed as the CBS sudser continues to show encore episodes.
The encore wedding takes place Tuesday, June 30, and is performed by Maya’s friend Nick (Scott Turner Schofield) who is thrilled she is living her best life.
The wedding got off to a rocky start however, as Maya’s dad was a thorn in her side. Despite the drama he brought, Rick and Maya eventually shared their vows and exchanged wedding bling.
Additionally, Maya’s sister Nicole Avant (Reign Edwards) and mom Vivienne Avant (Anna Maria Horsford) recited poetry.
Eric Forrester (John McCook) talked directly to Rick and Maya and told them and the guests that he supported them.
Here are eight things to know about Rick and Maya.
The Bold And The Beautiful Spoilers — The soap Wedding Originally Aired On August 12, 2015
1. A blast from Maya’s past was the officiant. He spoke from the heart and told the guests that all persons are created equal.
2. Maya’s father Julius Avant (Obba Babatunde) was present at the nuptials but refused to walk her down the aisle. A determined Maya stopped the wedding and demanded to know why he was there if he didn’t support her.
3. Rick and Maya were married not long after Aly Forrester’s (Ashlyn Pearce) tragic and untimely death. Because of this, the wedding was a bit subdued.
4. Rick and Maya’s wedding represented a daytime drama first as it was the first to depict the marriage of a transgender character.
5. Julius told Maya that the reason why he could not accept her was that he could not get over the loss of a son he named Myron and was subsequently unable to accept Maya in place of Myron.
6. Maya told Julius to leave her wedding, that he was not welcome. But her mom Vivienne Avant (Anna Maria Horsford) refused to go with him. After Julius left, Vivienne told Maya that she was proud of her.
— SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) June 29, 2020
7. Rick and Maya eventually left L.A. for business reasons. Rick was last seen in May 2018. Maya was seen at a later date when she returned to tell the family that she and Rick had divorced.
8. Maya debuted in 2013 when she asked Dayzee Leigh (Kristolyn Lloyd) where her baby was; Maya was stunned to learn her child had died.
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below and join the SOS community, for all the Soap News Keep Visiting Soap Opera Spy, For all the Royal News & Brit Soaps, check out Celebrating The Soaps