“The Young and the Restless” actress Jeanne Cooper who played Katherine Chancellor on the popular Daytime Soap is celebrating a birthday today. (October 25, 2015) In celebration of her birthday we decided to compose 10 things you need to know about Jeanne.
Enjoy the list and make sure to head over HERE to remember Jeanne, Soap’s finest leading lady on her special day!
- Jeanne was born October 25, 1928 in Taft, California.
- Jeanne was the youngest child of three siblings.
- Jeanne grew up in Kern County for several years, first in Taft until 1942 and then moved to Bakersfield.
- Jeanne began her career in the 1950’s, appearing as a supporting player in films with stars like Maureen O’Hara and Glen Ford.
- In 1957, Jeanne starred in the early episodes of CBS’s Tales Of Wells Fargo.
- In 1962, Jeanne earned her first nomination for her performance in Ben Casey.
- In 1984, Jeanne had a facelift on national television. Jeanne decided to have the facelift, pitched it to Y&R producers who agreed to write it into her storyline. This became one of her most memorable storylines.
- Jeanne was married to TV producer Harry Bernson for 23 years, before getting a divorce. The couple had three children together, Corbin Bernsen, Caren Bernsen and Collin Bernsen.
- Jeanne also wrote a book, that was released on July 31, 2012 called, “Not Young, Still Restless: A Memoir.”
- For Jeanne’s contributions to television, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Happy Birthday Jeanne, RIP!