Royal Family News: Prince Harry & Meghan Director Says Buckingham Palace Wants To “Discredit” Netflix Docuseries
Last year December, Netflix recorded its biggest hit in the history of documentaries courtesy of its docuseries “Harry & Meghan.” The docuseries which came in two batches of three episodes each, were released on Dec. 8, and Dec. 15, 2022.
In the docuseries which revealed bombshells of what’s going on in the Royal Family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex Prince Harry and Meghan Markle shared their love journey, from their days of courtship to their marriage.
The couple went on to share how Meghan was received into the Royal Family, what Meghan went through, and what led to them leaving the Royal Family.
Royal Family News — Harry & Meghan Director Indirectly Calls Buckingham Palace Liars
In a recent interview with “Vanity Fair,” Liz Garbus the director of the docuseries “Harry & Meghan” said that her main reason for wanting the Duke and Duchess to share their own story was because she wanted to use the platform to discuss “larger historical issues” for example, racism and colonialism.
“For me, what was really important was to connect the dots to these larger historical issues,’ she told the magazine, adding that the couple was, ‘to their credit, very open and willing to journey down some of the paths that they might not have originally considered,” Said Liz
She also added, “The love story is the spine, but, for me, it was always necessary to…connect the dots to the personal story and the larger historical context.”
Liz also told the outlet that through directing the docuseries, she was able to have a kind of understanding on the “alleged palace mind games.” She cited the fact that Buckingham Palace denied being asked permission to comment on the docuseries as what she meant.
Liz said, “For instance, Buckingham Palace said that we didn’t reach out for comment [on the docuseries] when we did. They did that to discredit us…and by discrediting us, they can discredit the content of the show…We lived through some of those moments that were a little bit like Alice Through the Looking Glass.”
Royal Family News — Why Meghan Shared Her Story
Meanwhile, a Royal source revealed to PEOPLE that neither Buckingham Palace nor Prince William’s office at Kensington were contacted to comment on the docuseries.
The source then shared that both Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace, however, received an email from a third-party company with an unrecognized company email address. The source revealed that both Archewell and Netflix were contacted to ascertain the source of the mail but got no response.
Meghan once shared her reason for telling her story, the Duchess said, “it’s okay to talk about” things like that while adding, “I could make the choice to never talk about those things.”
Meghan went on to say in the series, “Or I could make the choice to say, ‘With all the bad that comes with this, the good is being able to help other people.’ That is the point of life: Connection and community like that.”
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with Royal Family News right now. Come back here often for all the Royal Family News’ spoilers, news, and updates.
Comments are closed.