‘The Young and the Restless” actor Eric Braeden who plays Victor Newman on the popular Daytime Soap is celebrating a birthday today. (April 3, 2015) In celebration of his birthday we decided to compose 10 things you need to know about Eric.
Enjoy the list and make sure to head over to twitter, RIGHT HERE and wish Eric a very Happy Birthday!
- Eric was born in April 3, 1941 in Bredenbek, Germany he is an Aries.
- Even thought Eric’s character Victor has been married several times Eric has been married once to Dale Russell Gudegast.
- In 2007, Eric was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Eric has one child with his wife Dale, a son Christopher Gudegast.
- Eric was awarded the Federal Medal of Honor by the president of Germany for promoting a “positive, realistic image of Germans in America.”
- Eric immigrated to the USA in 1959. He became a naturalized citizen while in college.
- Eric Braeden’s birth name was Hans-Jörg Gudegast – A Universal Executive convinced him to change his name he got Eric from a family name and Braeden from his hometown.
- When Eric was originally hired on “The Young and the Restless” in 1980 it was suppose to be for a 26-week run. His character, Victor Newman was so popular with fans they renewed his contract and he remains on the show today.
- In 1971 Eric starred in “Escape from the Planet of the Apes” as Dr. Otto Hasslein.
- Eric has starred in a variety of television shows including: “The Six Million Dollar Man”, “Wonder Woman”, and “The Mary Tyler Moore Show“, and “Gunsmoke”.
Happy Birthday Eric, we love you!